Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Growing Up is hard to do...

It's been almost a year since Ive left the nest, living on my own has certainly been good for me. I have become more disciplined and mature. Having to pay rent every month is a good motivator to go out and get gigs, and bust my behind teaching Defensive Driving. Hopefully this year I can start putting some money aside. I don't know if moving out or just all the bills are responsible for me getting my shit together. I don't miss my old lifestyle of perpetually recovering from the night before and mooching off of the old man. Plus the house I moved out of was in decline. No AC in the summer, no heat in the winter. Im glad Im at where Im at, location and roommate wise. Both of my Roomies are solid dudes. We get along with each other, always willing to share a laugh and a drink. There is one more roomie, she hangs out with me a lot. She will even spend the night with me in bed. Too bad I got to find a new home for my cat, Moka. Ive had Moka since the summer of 2000. Found her while house-sitting for my neighbor. It's always nice to have her waiting for me when I get back from a out of town gig, or a long day. Im glad to have her, because my other cat Zelda, that lives with my Dad(s) went missing from their home. I hope nothing bad has happened to her. Both cats adopted us. Its been good for me having a pet to take care of again. I cant be lazy, I have to keep her fed and her litter box clean. That stuff also costs money, which brings me to my next point.

I'm gonna actively start saving money this year.

I want to have some money for a rainy day and also get a Macbook down the line. Since Ive gotten my new HD Cam for Christmas, I cannot wait to start cutting together some videos to put on my youtube channel. I'd like to put something on there at least twice a month. I wan to put up skits, comedy clips and promo cuts to help build a bigger presence online. I also want to get in the habit of updating this blog, to at least twice a week. Its a good exercise for me and hopefully it gives people some insight into my life (The parts I want to share) Im looking into getting more merch made, maybe T-Shirts to accompany the bandannas. We'll see. One of the ways Im looking into paying for said Macbook is selling off part of my video game collection. I own over 500 games on 16 systems. Now that Comedy is the thing Im really passionate about and want to do with my life I realize I cant really have a massive collection and be mobile enough to do well at my job. I know that If I want to move to NY or L.A. I cant take 47 boxes of video games. Im going to have to condense my life in general. I still love video games, listen to podcasts, read about them. But I hardly have time to play any of them. I could probably find 20 games that I haven't even opened yet. Don't know why Im so excited for the new Nintendo 3DS, its not like Ill have time to play the damn thing. Plus the money I'd spend on that would be better off used on the new computer. Lately, Ive been asking myself before I spend money on anything... "Will this make a me a better comic?" Macbook, yes, Nintendo 3DS, not really. Hopefully today Ill get off my ass and start listing some games on eBay or sell them at the new vintage videogame store that opened up near the club. My goal is to get the new computer before my next birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment