Sunday, January 30, 2011

Battling Brah-nchitis


I've been sicker than a dog the last week. Ive been coughing up and sneezing up stuff in all colors of the spectrum. On top of all that Ive been putting in plenty of "work" teaching Defensive Driving and doing gigs on top of that. Last Thursday I got to open for a local band called "Egshan" at The Mix. A very popular watering hole in downtown S.A.. Even though I threw up 30 mins before performing, (Right as I left the House) The show must go on. Sickness or no Sickness I gotta get on stage. My voice thoroughly strained I powered through a 30min-ish at a Bar show. The crowd was great. A lot of people recognized me before I went on, that always feels cool. Although I know Im super hard to miss.


My performance at The Mix Thursday Jan. 27th Video by Ricky.


Back to the sickness, like a lot of struggling artists out there, I don't have health insurance. I got a Brother-in-Law who is a nurse and a DROID phone. Both telling me to drink copious amounts of water and juice. Consuming all this liquid will make my phlegm thinner. Its been working so far. I keep pissing like a pregnant woman though. At least I'm getting some much needed sleep. Which I needed, this Saturday I taught class (Defensive Driving) drove straight to Houston afterwards (4 hr drive) did a gig and drove straight back so I could teach class again the next day. All this while being sick. Did I mention I did this alone? I tried asking some comic friends of mine to make the trip with me, but I guess they didn't want to be bothered. I had a great time in Houston, the people were great and eager to snatch up my fliers. I hope to return there soon and often.

Well folks, Im glad I got to update my Blog, and re-vamp my youtube page too. Also added a blog post dedicated to my Schedule for 2011. Stay tuned.

Let me drink another gallon or two and get better.


Next week! Ill be featuring for Joan Riviera the "Must See Latina Comedian" and telling jokes along side Bobby Henline. We will be at Hotties Sports Bar off of Vance Jackson. I'm really looking forward to getting back to a %100 and kicking some butt on stage this Friday!

Hit me Up! #FollowMe @y2koolaid Like my FaceBook Fanpage too!


No comments:

Post a Comment