Monday, April 16, 2012

World Series of Comedy

Next Month the Southwest Regionals of the World Series of Comedy will be held at my home club, Rivercenter Comedy Club May 16th-19th. This is a competition where the finalists will compete in Las Vegas come September for a cash prize and lots, and lots of work. I've done well in Comedy competitions in the past and hope to only get better.

I feel that lately I've become too comfortable at where I'm at comedy wise, here in San Antonio. Im a big fish in a small pond. I cant get comfortable, comfortable is not good for comedy. Struggle, hardship and making the best out of tough situations is Great for Comedy. In between teaching defensive driving and getting gigs, I've lost a certain amount of hustle and generally gotten lazy. It sucks that it has come to this, but I got a kick in the ass last night when I lost my car. Oh well shit happens, and easy come easy go. I wont bore you with any more cliches. (at least in this paragraph).

Im gonna do some research, about the competition rules and get short sets with high laugh outputs together. This is what I like to call, another "8 Mile" moment for me to shit or get off the pot. I have to leave TX sooner the better, Im getting to my 5 year anniversary in comedy and I need to get serious and go to L.A. or N.Y..

Well I got some real bullshit to work through, now not having a vehicle and all, so it should make for some badass jokes. Hooray to struggle.

Speaking of Struggle, Ill be in Corpus Christi this Friday for a "420" themed show.

No comments:

Post a Comment