Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday Blues

I decked the halls of my Liver with plenty of Lone Star and Jaegermeister. It helped wash away the holiday blues. Yeah I got full of "Joy" later that night, twas a Christmas miracle I made it home safe. Didnt even stop for Reindeer tacos on the way home. This time of year I usually spend it with my sisters family in West Virginia. It doesn't really feel Christmas down here in texas. sure Tamales are great but, I miss spending the holidays where there's actual snow and a brother in law to annoy. I miss interacting with WV locals in their bars telling them how badass Texas is. I couldnt make it because Im horrible with my finances. I make sure I get these things paid in this order:
  1. Rent, gotta have a place to live right?
  2. Car Insurance, cant let USAA catch me slipping
  3. Gas, I have to get to gigs somehow
  4. Verizon Wireless, still behind but I gotta keep track of that one
  5. Bills, i.e. internet, water, electricity all bundled up usually paid a couple days after rent it due
  6. Food, no one will believe this ....
  7. Substances that impair my judgement. Hope my accountant isn't reading this. (Who am I kidding, If I had an accountant I wouldn't need this list)

I am planning on going to WV this summer to be there for my oldest nieces graduation from High School. My Goal is to perform some shows on the way up and on the way back from visiting. I'd like to drive up there, so I got my own ride when Im there. Plus its a lot easier to navigate then all the snow this time of year. I like the snow, as long as Im not driving through it. That will also help with one of my Goals for the new year, performing outside of Texas. Its kinda been bugging me that I haven't performed outside of Texas yet. But in a year in a half of performing Ive put 32k miles on the cubicle. Also now, I have a cracked windshield.... boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment