Thursday, September 20, 2012

Boston Comedy Festival

Hey Flavor Nation, this week I'm in Boston competing in the Boston Comedy Festival. My round was last Monday night the 17th. It is with a heavy heart I tell you I didn't not advance. I did not have a great set, and there was some stiff competition. Half the people I was going against have already been on National TV or have been Headlining for years already. However I made a ton of new friends and having fun hanging out at the other events. Im staying in Scituate,  which sounds like you have to be drunk to say it. Its on the southern side if Boston close to the shore. Ive been told its a "Money" area. One of my new Boston buddies and a person Ill be eternally grateful for is letting me stay here. His name is Craig Martin, he's a comic too. I pretty much have the place to myself because during the week he's staying with his lady friend BONUS! I'll be doing some housework to make sure I get invited back.

Last night I went back to the Davis square to watch a show hosted by Good Buddy Mark Riccadonna. It was awesome running into him again. He'll be back in S.A. next month at LOL, however its the same week I will be at the Downtown Rivercenter Comedy Club. He was hosting a show that featured some Boston Comedy Legends like Tony V. and DJ Hazzard. Both were amazing, then Gary Gulman came by and did a guest set after the show. It was a cool thing to see, something I will brag about to the other comics when I get back to San Antonio.

Also got to see the TD Garden where the Celtics and Bruins play, just drove by. Wish I couldve gotten a picture but my battery was low. :-(

Special ShoutOut to Comic Bob Carney , a super funny guy who was nice enough to drive me back from the venues to where I'm staying. Thanks Again Bob!

Below are some Pix of some of the sights of Boston I got to see.

The ORIGINAL Dunkin Donuts, Where Im staying at and a Pub where I had lunch yesterday.





No comments:

Post a Comment