Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Loving (Love of Money)

Last couple weeks I've getting a lot of Headline work. Not getting booked directly but asked to replace a headliner who got sick and had to have surgery. From what I hear he's doing better and I wish him well. Got a call on a Tuesday night to headline 2 shows in Corpus that Friday. I jumped at the chance to do it. That and I needed the cash. That Thursday I got asked to headline another gig in Kerrville that the same comic had to drop out of. The next day the shows in Corpus went fantastic, I had a blast. Those two shows were definitely the best headlining sets I've ever had. Both shows I riffed with the crowd and the environment for a good ten minutes. With the crowd at ease, I launched into my set, keeping the energy high and frantic. I was firing on all cylinders. I was living in the moment. The crowd was amazing. Had some of the KOOLAID Corpus Fan Club sit up front with these 2 cougars from Russia and Romania. Those ladies were a blast to mess with. The second show went even better and I closed super strong. Both times when I got the light I thought to myself. "There's no way I'm close to finish, I barely started" . I recorded both shows and hopefully soon will find the time to edit a Live from Corpus CD, or better yet Venting in South Texas official bootleg of Alex Ansel. Trying to find ways to make some extra scratch saving up for my new computer that I desperately need. A lot of the new stuff I'm working on is coming together nicely and some of it will tie in nicely with some merchandise ideas I have. But first things first get the new rig. The high I rode off of those two great shows in C.C. was amazing. I barely touched the red bulls I thought I was gonna need for the 2 hour plus drive home. Having these last couple headlining sets go well have definitely helped my stage confidence when it comes to Headlining. This doesn't mean I'm gonna go around calling myself one, but if a headlining gig is offered I will take it. My hard work is paying off and I'm gonna keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment